OAS MEDIA assist in all stages of the processes from the application procedure, collecting and checking related documentation, submitting application on customer’s behalf, doing follow up and until to the final collecting of approved documentations.
The license type that we assist our client as below:
WHAT ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO HAVE IN ORDER TO START YOUR BUSINESS?
Most peoples are unaware that business license is the most important item to start your business career because in order to keep your business functioning smoothly, you need a business license to stay legally compliant. The licenses and permissions required for your business will be varied by industry, state, location, and other factors.
WHAT ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT THNIGS YOU NEED?
- COMPANY REGISTRATION
- First step of operating business in Malaysia lawfully is to register a business entity with the Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM). Registration of Business (ROB), Registration of Company (ROC), and Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) are the three types of business entity registration (LLP). Learn More
- BUSINESS LICENSE
- Starting a business in Malaysia requires a valid business license. Registrations, approvals, licenses, and permits are all examples of business licensing. Compliance standards differ depending on the sector, company activity, and region. Learn More
- A trademark is essentially a kind of identification that is utilized by a business or that represents a company/business or product. Words, symbols, logos, letters, signatures, numbers, or any combination of these can be used as trademarks. When a trademark is registered, it grants the owner full and exclusive ownership of the trademark. Learn More
- ADVERTISE YOUR BUSINESS
- Advertising is a method of promoting your business in order to generate sales or raise awareness for your products or services among your target audience. Your advertising may help for first impressions of your company until a consumer engages with you directly and purchases your products or services. Learn More (Link to OAS MEDIA Website)
WHAT ARE THE PROBLEM YOU WILL FACE DURING LICENSE APPLICATION?
WHO CAN HELP?
The procedure of applying a business license in Malaysia can be difficult sometimes, especially if you are a foreigner and is unfamiliar with Malaysia’s laws and procedures. We have the knowledge and ability to assist you throughout this process and help your company incorporation and business license application process in a breeze. Learn More
HOW TO REGISTER A COMPANY IN MALAYSIA?
The Companies Commission of Malaysia (Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia or SSM in Malaysia) is a statutory body which regulates companies and businesses. SSM is a statutory entity created as a result of a merger in Malaysia between the Registrar of Companies (ROC) and the Registrar of Businesses (ROB). The major function of SSM Malaysia’s is to operate as an agency for incorporating companies and registering businesses, as well as to offer company and business information to the public.
REGISTER SSM ONLINE AND OFFLINE
Company registration can be completed online using Ezbiz Online services at ezbiz.ssm.com.my or in person at any SSM’s counter in Malaysia. If you are a first-timer, you should register at the SSM counter and you can ask the officer at the desk if you have any questions. It is recommended to apply for Ezbiz Online services at the counter so that you may subsequently renew or amend your business data using the online system easily.
You might be interested to find out more about applying it online or offline with us.
WHY SHOULD I REGISTER MY ONLINE BUSINESS WITH SSM?
- Malaysia Payment Gateway, such as eGHL, iPay88, or a similar service only applicable for legally registered business
- The business can become a legally recognized entity
- It will increase the confidence of your customers
- It also allows users to check business information easily
- The business facts supplied will aid the government in supporting any development of the business community and prospect
– The owner must be a Malaysian citizen or a Malaysian permanent resident.
– The owner must be at least 18 years old.
– Only the owner/partner is eligible to submit an application.
- Sole proprietorship using personal name as stated on the identity card: 00
- Sole proprietorship or partnership using trade name: 00
- Registration of branches: 00 for each branch
- Business Information Print-out: 00
WHAT IS THE FASTEST & MOST CONVENIENT WAY TO REGISTER A SDN BHD COMPANY ONLINE IN MALAYSIA?
What is Sdn Bhd company?
Sendirian Berhad, also known as SDN BHD, is a private company limited by shares, which is the most prevalent kind of business registration in Malaysia. In accordance with the Companies Act 2016, only one director and one shareholder are required to create a Sdn Bhd firm, rather than two.
Who should register their company as Sdn Bhd?
Malaysians and non-Malaysians who plan to run SME companies.
How to register Sdn Bhd Company in Malaysia?
You may bypass all the complex procedure and have OAS Media to assist you with the registration of a Sdn Bhd Company.
What is the step-by-step procedure to register a Sdn Bhd Company in Malaysia?
- Account registration on MyCoID portal
- Account activation at SSM counter
- MyCoIL portal login credentials received through email upon account activation
- Company name search on the Direct Incorporation Application on MyCoID portal homepage
- Other information under Name Search
- Super Form to clarify your proposed company name
- Business code selection and description
- Directors and shareholders information
- Application submission
- Make the payment of RM1,000 as an incorporation fee (before tax) and get a transaction receipt.
- Notice of Registration as proof of incorporation received through email
How long does it take to register a Sdn Bhd Company in Malaysia?
The entire Sdn Bhd Company registration procedure generally takes 1 to 2 weeks. The following are the predicted times for each process:
- Account registration & activation, company name search – 1 day
- Preparation of registration documents – 2-3 days
- Signing of documents by all directors and shareholders – 1 day
- Submission of documents to SSM – 3-5 days
- Digital incorporation certificate issued by SSM – 1 day
Business licenses are government-issued licenses that allow people or businesses to do business within the government’s authority. It is a municipal government-issued permit to start a business. What are the type of general license?
- SECTOR INDUSTRY SPECIFIC LICENSES
- Licenses related to the Manufacturing Sector
- Licenses and Permission related to the Distributive Trade
iii. Licenses related to the Telecommunication Sector
- Licenses related to the Broadcasting Sector
- Licenses related to the Oil Exploration Sector
- Licenses related to the Construction Sector
vii. Licenses related to the Banking Sector
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO OBTAIN A BUSINESS LICENSE IN MALAYSIA
The requirements may differ slightly according to the category of license you’re applying for. The documents you will need to obtain a business license in Malaysia include the following:
- A copy of your identity card/passport
- A passport sized photograph
- A copy of your rental/tenancy agreement or sale and purchase agreement
- Photographs of your business premise
- Photographs of the intended location for your company’s signboard (applicable to the Signboard License). You will also need to provide samples indicating the color and the design of your intended signboard.
- Copy of your Certificate of Fitness for the business premise
- Copy of Fire Fighter Department’s support letter
OTHER CONSIDERATIONS WHEN DOING BUSINESS IN MALAYSIA
You must incorporate a company in Malaysia before you can apply for any type of business in Malaysia. Especially when the license you need is largely dependent on your business idea, activity, and industry. Both domestic and foreign-owned businesses will be required to register with the SSM.
Appointing a Company Secretary is a crucial step in the process of forming a company in Malaysia. The Company Secretary is in charge of ensuring whether your incorporation documents meet local regulations. If your company does not have a Company Secretary, you can use our Corporate Secretarial Service.
If your application is approved, you will be given a certificate of incorporation. You will then be needed to apply and create a bank account for your company, and then you will only be able to proceed with all of the necessary licensing applications.
WHAT ARE TRADEMARKS FOR?
A trade mark’s main function is to enable customers to identify a product (whether a good or a service) of a certain business and distinguish it from other identical or similar products supplied by rivals. Customers who are pleased with a product are most likely to buy or use it again in the future. They must be able to differentiate between the identical items and trademarks help customers to know what are the products they want easily.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF TRADEMARK TO YOUR COMPANY?
- It allows you to prohibit others from marketing identical or comparable items under the same or a confusingly similar product everywhere in the country.
- It makes it much easier to enforce trade marks since it decreases the burden of proof in legal system.
- It serves as statement to all parties involved your claim to exclusive rights in the registered mark. Other traders, whether or not they conduct a search of MyIPO’s Trade Marks Register, are presumed to be aware that your trade mark is registered.
- A registered trade mark may be easier to license to other businesses, giving an extra source of money for your company, or it may be easier to use as the foundation for a franchising arrangement.
- It may also be utilized to seek funding from financial institutions that are becoming more conscious of the value of brands in company success.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR TRADE MARK REGISTRATION?
In general, anyone who wants to use or have a trademark used by a third party may apply for registration. It might be either an individual or a legal entity.
WHAT ARE THE MOST COMMON REASONS OF REJECTION FOR APPLICATION?
It is important to know what are the types of symbols are typically not acceptable for the registration when choosing a trade mark. Trademark applications are rejected because of two broad reasons. These are known as “absolute grounds” and “relative grounds.”
HOW TO REGISTER TRADEMARK IN MALAYSIA?
You may bypass all the complex procedure and have OAS Media assist you with the registration of trademark in Malaysia.
WHAT HAPPEN IF YOU DON’T HAVE TRADEMARK?
Without registering your brands, names and logos as trademarks, you do not have the right to use them. And, if you registered the trademark, you may be able to take legal action against individuals who use your name, logo and brand as happened in China:
Chanel is a world-class luxury brand, as well as “CHANEL” lettering trademark, which may be seen on clothes, shoes, hats, scarves, and swimwear. Ramada Pearl Hotel Guangzhou, a Triumph Hotel branch, and Wen Daxiang signed a leasing agreement to run those commodities as clothes and leather products. Chanel held that Wen Daxiang infringed on the exclusive right of its registered trademarks because the shoes, wallets, and other goods sold by Wen Daxiang used the same identification of trademarks registered by Chanel. Chanel instituted legal proceedings against Wen Daxiang, Triumph Hotel, and Ramada Pearl Hotel Guangzhou, and required the court to sentence the three defendants to terminate infringement, as well as compensate its economic losses and reasonable expenses amounting to RMB300,000.00 (RM 192,856.47)
Before a business may legally begin operated, all organizations are needed to obtain some sort of permit or license to operate their business. However, in order to obtain the desired license, the organization will encounter certain difficulties. Which are: 1. COMPOUND/FINE Receive a fine from the authorities for failing to possess the proper license 2. CLOSTURE OF BUSINESS Authorities instructed the business to close because it is lack of business license 3. UNSURE WHICH SORT OF LICENCE TO APPLY FOR People sometimes perplexed about which license they need to apply for because there are several types of license. The only way to know is: – Identify what services or products you provide before applying license – To determine what sort of license is required. You must first identify the most common license in Malaysia. 4. BEING DECEIVED BY MISLEADING INFORMATION – Officer/authorities unsure what you are looking for and end up giving wrong information – Solution: Doing research to ensure what is necessary and then consult with an officer. 1. DO NOT HAVE TIME a) Queue too long The first place you will go to apply for a license is to the authorities, but you must line to get in. As you are aware, you are not the only one in line. If you arrived at a later hour, you will have to wait in the longest line. b) Long period to wait for an application to update – Typically, people are unaware of how to obtain an update after submitting the application. – Sometimes it is difficult to determine who is the appropriate person to follow up with. c) Occupied with getting the business up – Never had chance to go for application – Find strategy or planning to get client/customer much more important
For any enquiry, Get in touch with our license team!
or email to us at email@example.com
You can book our service on Lazada too.
Our store: OAS MEDIA 1624430738